Laura Eves, Elementary Principal
Our Intermediate Department includes Grades 4 - 6. These are important years to build on the skills gained at the Elementary Level, and prepare students for what lies ahead in the upper grades.
About Mrs. Eves:
I accepted God's call to serve as Elementary Principal at Midland Christian School at the beginning of the 2019-2020 school year. What a humbling experience it is to get to daily fulfill God's mission for our school - leading students to love God and seek truth by training them in a Christ-centered environment.
I attended Texas Tech University where I earned both my Bachelor's and Master's Degrees. Upon graduation, I began my teaching career in Lubbock. God gifted me a heart for children and a love of learning. Weeks into my fifth year of teaching, I was asked to transition from my classroom into administration. I know now that God opened that door as it allowed me to reach students (parents and colleagues) beyond my classroom walls, and to Him, I give all the glory. My family and I are privileged and honored to get to be a part of the Midland Christian family. I look forward to serving you and watching your children grow!
Programs for children in Elementary:
- Daily praise, prayer, and worship in All Saints Chapel, rooted in the Bible and consistent with the Christian faith;
- Balanced Literacy approach to reading and writing, including whole group lessons, guided small group instruction, independent practice, and individual conferences;
- Houghton Mifflin (Grades K - 5)
- McGraw Hill (Grades 6 - 12)
- Saxon Mathematics, math curriculum focusing on the incremental development of new skills while spiraling these concepts and skills into continued daily practice
- Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Science, science curriculum designed to encourage student-directed learning, to deepen understanding of concepts, and to inspire investigation, exploration, and problem-solving
- Savvas Social Studies, social studies curriculum designed to embrace democratic values, community, and cultural diversity while deepening the understanding of civic issues, connected communities, and global conversation
- Spanish instruction designed to grow competent Spanish language speakers and listeners
- Music (up to grade 3)
- Choir & Band (Grade 4 and up)
- Daily physical education and recess time to encourage the exploration and mastery of physical, mental, and social skills
- Small class sizes (18:1 on average in Grades 1-4, 21:1 on average in Grades 5-6)
Online Elementary Parent / Student Handbook