Students at Midland Christian School may take dual credit classes in English, Speech and Math. Midland Christian offers ENGL 1301 and 1302 ( Composition 1 and 2) during a student's Junior year and ENGL 2301 and 2302 (British Literature 1 and 2) during a student's Senior year. Seniors may also take SPCH 1315(Public Speaking) and MATH 1314/1316 (College Algebra & Trigonometry)
Other Midland College classes may be taken throughout the year and will count toward college credit, but not high school credit. If your child would like to add an online class either during the long semester or summer session, please email Geta Mitchell at email@example.com with that course selection.
Dual Credit Registration Process
Step 1: Parent Permission Form (MUST BE COMPLETED EACH YEAR)
For ALL students - please fill out the Student/Parent Agreement each year you are at Midland Christian and taking dual credit or online classes
- Complete the Student/Parent Agreement EACH year
Step 2: Apply Texas Application
For NEW students only - complete and submit an application to Midland College
- Go to " www.applytexas.org "
- Complete a new profile
- Complete a new application - (This step is most often forgotten or skipped)
- Post your social security number even though it says optional - it really isn't
- Select 'Associates Degree' instead of Certificate Program
- Answer only the required questions
- You must complete the profile AND the application portion to be complete
Step 3: TSI Testing
Make arrangements with Mrs. Mitchell to test, if needed. A Testing calendar and link will be provided under TSI Testing Info when dates have been determined.
- TSI Passing Scores:
- Writing: 340 and an essay score of at least a 4
- a placement score of less than 340, and an ABE diagnostic level of at least 4, and an essay score of at least 5.
- Reading: 351
- Math: 350
- Writing: 340 and an essay score of at least a 4
- ACT Passing Scores:
- Composite: 23 (math plus English score)
- English: 19 and/or Math: 19
- SAT Passing Scores (After Spring of 2016)
- EBRW: 480
- Math: 530
TSI Testing Info and Dates
TSI Testing will be conducted at Midland Christian for Midland Christian students.
* Students will be limited to 3 attempts to pass the TSI test.
* TSI testing dates will be scheduled monthly. You may register for a testing session through the Google Doc link provided.
* Please do not wait until the last minute to try and take the TSI. The number of seats available may fill up quickly. (When a session is completely filled the form will shut down and not allow anymore registrations. You will need to select a different date.)
(Please click the link below to sign up for a testing date)
January 30th - FULL
February 1st - FULL
February 6th - FULL
February 8th - FULL
February 13th - FULL
February 15th - FULL
February 20th - FULL
What classes can I take?
You may take any class that Midland College offers and that you qualify for, but the most common classes are:
Art Appreciation - ARTS 1301
Music Appreciation - MUSI 1306
Government - GOVT 2305
History - HIST 1301 & 1302
Psychology - PSYC 2301
These classes are not offered on the Midland Christian campus and will not count for Midland Christian credit. They will only count as Midland College credit. Please verify with the university you plan to attend regarding which classes will transfer.
My MC Portal
*** You must be using Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox. Our online system is not compatible with Google Chrome or Apple Safari, or any mobile device.***
***** Found in the top right hand corner of the webpage www.midland.edu *****
1. Once you log onto My MC Portal, make sure that in the upper left corner of the screen, the Academics tab is selected. This should bring you to the Academics dashboard.
2. If you do not already have a direct deposit on file or the student ID card, My MC Portal will prompt you to select one. If you do not wish to select one at this time, click the gray button at the bottom of the screen instructing you to "click here after completing the Refund Choice to continue." (Please note that it may take a few seconds for this button to load and become "clickable")
3. If you are unable to click the button, please click the blue hyperlink "HERE" which will open a new window.
4. If you decide you would like to set up your refund choice, you may do so at this point. Please follow the instructions as prompted. If not, simply close the window to reroute yourself back to Campus Connect.
5. You should now be able to click the long gray button at the bottom of the screen to bypass the Refund Choice option.
6. You should now be on a page displaying the drop dates for the current and upcoming semester. You MUST click the acknowledge button on the bottom of the screen to continue.
7. Now your complete academics dashboard should be displayed. Hover your mouse over Account Info, and a drop down menu should be displayed. You will select Review/Pay Account.
8. Choose which semester you wish to review and/or pay and click Display Balance.
9. You now should be able to review your charges for the selected semester, and any payments or credits applied to your Tuition & Fees. Below the dispylayed balance, you will be able to choose between paying in full with a credit card or setting up a payment plan.
* Please note: There are no payment options available for the Winter Interim or Spring Interim semesters. All payment plans are done online only. If you are paying in full online, it can only be done with a credit or debit card. Midland College does not accept wire transfers.
* If you are still experiencing difficulty navigating My MC Portal, please call our Help Desk at 432-685-4788.
Login page for My MC Portal: https://gomc.midland.edu/ics
Logging into Canvas
MC Students: Midland College email address
Example, Joe Canvas with ID 123006789: firstname.lastname@example.org
MC students: Midland College Student ID Number - no dashes (Example: 123006789)
To reset your password, click the "Forgot Password?" link and enter your MC email address when prompted. Canvas does not recognize a personal email address as your username.
If you experience technical difficulties with Canvas, click the "Help" link at the bottom of the Canvas login page, or from the left-hand toolbar from any page within Canvas, select Report a Problem, provide details, and submit the ticket. If you choose to Report a Problem, include your name and student ID, along with a description of the problem in the ticket. Your ticket will be sent to the Midland College information technology support center. Check your email for support updates. In most cases, students will not have access to their courses until 8 A.M. the first day of class. It can take up to 24 hours for your Canvas account to be created after enrolling for a course. A Canvas Student Orientation course is available for all students to become familiar with Canvas and can be accessed under Course after log in.
How to log into Canvas: https://www.midland.edu/academics/distance-learning/canvas.php
Midland College Email
NOTE: Once you log into your email account the first time, the password will expire. Your email password must be changed before closing the page or signing off or you will be locked out of your account.
New MC students, your email address is as follows:
User ID: First letter of first name + first three letters of last name + last three numbers of your MC student ID followed by @mail.midland.edu
Password: Midland College Student ID (no dashes) NOTE: Once you log into your email account the first time, the password will expire. Your email password must be changed before closing the page or signing off or you will be locked out of your account.
* Your log in is your ENTIRE student email address (includes @mail.midland.edu)
* If you do not know your student ID please go to Campus Connect and select the "Forgot Student ID" link.
For questions, contact the Midland College Help Desk by phone at 432-685-4788 or email email@example.com. Your request will be routed to the appropriate person.
How to set up MC Email: https://www.midland.edu/audiences/current-students/student-email.php
How do I sign up for dual credit classes?
You will need to email Geta Mitchell at gmitchell@ midlandchristianschool.org to request a specific class. You also will "register" for Midland College classes when you fill out your course selection Google Doc in the spring from Mr. Myers.
What is the difference between dual credit classes and Midland College classes?
Dual credit classes are classes that are taught on the Midland Christian campus by Midland Christian teachers who are also certified through Midland College as being college-level professors. Courses taken at Midland College during the summer or online during the school year are not accepted as high school credit, but dual credit courses count as high school credit and college credit.
How do I pay for my courses?
Pay your invoice at the Cashier's Counter in the Student Services Building or online in Campus Connect (top tab at www.midland.edu). You can also set up a payment plan (select Pay by FACTS). Pay your invoice before the due date so that you're not dropped for non-payment.
* Username is your MC student ID number (listed on your invoice & in the MC enrollment email)
* Password is the 4-digit number you posted on your application (listed in the MC enrollment email)
What classes can I take online through Midland College?
Any class that you wish to take can be added to your schedule. The following link will give you a more detailed idea of classes available.
Purchase your textbooks. Required texts are listed at www.midlandcollegebookstore.com
What do I do on the first day of class?
* Username is your MC email address (instructions for set up here)
*Password is your MC student ID number (listed on your invoice & the MC enrollment email.)