Students at Midland Christian School may take dual credit classes in English, Speech and Math. Midland Christian offers ENGL 1301 and 1302 ( Composition 1 and 2) during a student's Junior year and ENGL 2301 and 2302 (British Literature 1 and 2) during a student's Senior year. Seniors may also take SPCH 1315(Public Speaking) and MATH 1314/1316 (College Algebra & Trigonometry)
Dual Credit Registration Process
Step 1: Parent Permission Form (MUST BE COMPLETED EACH YEAR)
For ALL students - please fill out the Student/Parent Agreement each year you are at Midland Christian and taking dual credit or online classes
- Complete the Student/Parent Agreement EACH year
Step 2: Apply Texas Application
For NEW students only - complete and submit an application to Midland College
- Go to " www.applytexas.org "
- Complete a new profile
- Complete a new application - (This step is most often forgotten or skipped)
- Post your social security number
- Answer only the required questions
- You must complete the profile AND the application portion to be complete
Step 3: TSI Testing
Make arrangements with Mrs. Mitchell to test, if needed. A Testing calendar and link will be provided under TSI Testing Info when dates have been determined.
- TSI Passing Scores:
- Writing: 5 on the essay, or 4 on the essay with multiple choice score of 363
- Reading: 351
- Math: 350
- ACT Passing Scores:
- Composite: 23 (math plus English score)
- English: 19 and/or Math: 19
- SAT Passing Scores (After Spring of 2016)
- EBRW: 480
- Math: 530
How do I sign up for dual credit classes?
You will need to email Geta Mitchell at gmitchell@ midlandchristianschool.org to request a specific class. You also will "register" for Midland College classes when you fill out your course selection Google Doc in the spring from Mr. Myers.
What is the difference between dual credit classes and Midland College classes?
Dual credit classes are classes that are taught on the Midland Christian campus by Midland Christian teachers who are also certified through Midland College as being college-level professors. Courses taken at Midland College during the summer or online during the school year are not accepted as high school credit, but dual credit courses count as high school credit and college credit.
How do I pay for my courses?
Pay your invoice at the Cashier's Counter in the Student Services Building or online in Campus Connect (top tab at www.midland.edu). You can also set up a payment plan (select Pay by FACTS). Pay your invoice before the due date so that you're not dropped for non-payment.
* Username is your MC student ID number (listed on your invoice & in the MC enrollment email)
* Password is the 4-digit number you posted on your application (listed in the MC enrollment email)
What classes can I take online through Midland College?
Any class that you wish to take can be added to your schedule. The following link will give you a more detailed idea of classes available.
Purchase your textbooks. Required texts are listed at www.midlandcollegebookstore.com
What do I do on the first day of class?
* Username is your MC email address (instructions for set up here)
*Password is your MC student ID number (listed on your invoice & the MC enrollment email.)
TSI Testing Info and Dates
TSI Testing will be conducted at Midland Christian for Midland Christian students.
* Students will be limited to 3 attempts to pass the TSI test.
* TSI testing dates will be scheduled monthly. You may register for a testing session through the Google Doc link provided.
* Please do not wait until the last minute to try and take the TSI. The number of seats available may fill up quickly.
(Please click the link below to sign up for a testing date)
January 24th - FULL
January 26th - FULL
January 31st - FULL
February 7th - FULL
February 9th - FULL
February 14th - CANCELED
February 16th - FULL
February 21st - FULL
February 23rd - FULL
February 28th - FULL
March 2nd - FULL
March 7th - FULL
March 21st - FULL
March 28th - FULL
April 6th - FULL
April 13th - FULL
April 18th - FULL
April 20th - FULL